Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
The Design team at Grammarly is responsible for delivering assets for a wide range of product and marketing initiatives, including our brand, product offerings, and research. To support our growing organization, we’re looking to add a seasoned Head of Design Operations to partner with our Head of Design. Our Head of Design Operations will design and operationalize programs to help the team deliver world-class design at scale.
As a natural leader, you’ll anticipate challenges and opportunities to mitigate risk. You’ll apply your breadth of experience to model, prototype, and iterate on ways our team works. You will align cross-functional stakeholders and build trust across teams. You’ll be setting the foundation for the discipline and building the team to support a scaling design organization.
The Design team is responsible for projects that directly impact business goals and metrics. In this role, you will primarily work with the Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and User Experience Research teams to define design programming at scale. In this high-impact role, you will:
- Collaborate with and support the Design team in delivering best-in-class designs.
- Act as a bridge between the Design team and the Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing teams by making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for.
- Identify team needs with regard to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Point out connections and reconcile possible collisions between different product offerings, features, and platforms.
- Collaborate closely with senior designers to define, document, and operationalize process.
- Provide stakeholders with visibility and updates of current projects, resource use, team performance, and product/campaign health.
- Implement or drive changes to make sure designers are working at optimum efficiency.
- Collaborate with internal business partners throughout various departments.
- Evaluate and implement new tools with designers, researchers, and cross-functional partners to solve for our growing need to collaborate globally.
- Define and keep up-to-date documentation of how the Design team works as well as how to work with all disciplines of the team.
- Build out processes and resources to support how we scale our vendor program, self-serve resources, outreach and legal compliance, and design and research education for Grammarlians.
- Interface with legal, security, and procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors, including by facilitating statements of work and negotiating business terms and budget.
- Build a team of best-in-class Design Program Managers.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least 5–10 years of experience managing Design Operations at scale.
- Has a deep understanding of high-efficiency, high-output centralized design partnerships.
- Has a deep understanding of multidisciplinary design processes and toolkits across Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and User Experience Research.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and uses them to effectively roll out large-scale programs.
- Is relentlessly focused on our customers’ needs and wants.
- Is proactive in seeking and providing opportunities to improve and expand the team, including team members’ personal skills and experiences.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.