Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
In 2019 Grammarly expanded its focus on facilitating strong and consistent professional writing across professional teams. As effective communication is the foundation of the modern workplace, Grammarly Business is poised to be the enterprise application of choice for businesses of all sizes looking to up-level the quality of communication within their organizations. (Read more about Grammarly here.)
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Business Development Representative to join our Sales team. The person in this role will be responsible for reaching out to enterprises to sell Grammarly Business to professional teams. This is a unique opportunity—you will be a founding member of the team reporting directly to the Global Head of Enterprise Sales, based in the San Francisco office.
The Business Development Representative has an extraordinary opportunity to contribute to the expansion of Grammarly’s developing enterprise product and to support the company’s growth goals.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Qualify leads as sales opportunities through cold calls and emails.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product and Customer Support to execute Grammarly B2B market strategy for pipeline generation and new logo acquisition.
- Initiate contact with prospects through outbound and inbound efforts.
- Help build a fun, high-energy environment on the Sales team and across the organization.
- Uncover prospects’ business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities.
- Manage pipeline and record all activities with leads and opportunities.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least two years of hands-on experience in sales, customer service, or another customer-facing role.
- Isn’t fazed by hearing no and has a strong work ethic.
- Is open to feedback and coaching.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.