Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for our first-ever Senior Public Relations Manager to join our small but mighty Communications team. This role will lead our public relations strategy and execution, working closely with the Head of Communications to own Grammarly PR across all dimensions—from maximizing the visibility of product news to building out our thought leadership in the AI communications space.
The Senior Public Relations Manager will serve a critical role in advancing public understanding about Grammarly’s AI-powered writing assistant and the company’s values-driven mission. Responsibilities will include building out Grammarly’s external communications strategy and executing PR campaigns that result in earned media coverage that amplify Grammarly’s brand to key external stakeholders, including current and potential customers.
Tasks will include developing our long-term PR roadmap, overseeing and building Grammarly's PR calendar, directly handling or triaging media requests, evaluating inbound opportunities, managing PR agency relationships, briefing and training spokespeople, building relationships with reporters, finessing or approving pitches and contributed content, and closely liaising with Grammarly’s product marketing and content teams to create integrated campaigns.
- In the first 30 days, you will take a deep dive into company strategy and business goals. Familiarize yourself with Grammarly’s past PR campaigns and immerse yourself in Grammarly’s current media relations plans and processes. Learn about Grammarly’s content strategy and product roadmap. Begin building relationships with key team members.
- By month three, you will assume ownership of day-to-day Grammarly media relations (e.g., overseeing existing PR plans, managing the press inbox). Establish and begin executing a six-month PR plan that encompasses business goals, product and company milestones, and thought leadership platforms. Fully take over the management of Grammarly’s partnering PR agency.
- By month six, you will continue the execution of an established PR plan, including developing and launching a proactive, brand-forward campaign. Evaluate PR and media relations capacity-growing needs. Media-train and finetune the platforms of Grammarly’s spokespeople. Evaluate the role of events and conferences in our public relations efforts.
- By the end of your first year, you will define Grammarly’s long-term public relations vision as part of the overall Grammarly communications team, and you will assume some responsibilities as a spokesperson for the organization.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has exemplary written communication and the ability to clearly and effectively articulate ideas and feedback verbally.
- Can convey a brand’s story in words and images in a way that connects with the target audience.
- Understands and can explain technical products as well as (or even better than) a product manager, and can put the value into clear language for external audiences.
- Can connect with people and build effective and trusting relationships with folks of various backgrounds.
- Has experience identifying relevant reporters and media outlets, crafting compelling outreach, and facilitating engagement on strategically relevant topics going beyond product reviews and company news.
- Has experience building relationships and a strong roster of contacts with relevant media.
- Has PR strategy experience at a tech company or as part of an agency supporting tech company clients.
- Understands and stays up-to-date on the evolving tech media landscape.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.