Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for engineers with solid expertise in desktop application architecture to join our Office Add-in team.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
This engineering role will join a small, open-minded team where every member influences the product. The Office Add-in team is building a complex, multifaceted application that interacts with Word/Outlook interfaces, renders feature-rich UI, communicates with Grammarly's sophisticated AI system, and does a lot of other things at the same time. As a part of the team, you will be solving open-ended problems, implementing new features, and following solid design principles while focusing on add-in performance and smooth user experience.
In this role, you will:
- Help build our MS Office Add-in and work on new features.
- Build metrics and analytics systems to ensure the availability and stability of our product.
- Use F#, C#, Rx.NET, and WPF while employing the best engineering practices and improving our development approach in general.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Has knowledge of the C# programming language and the .NET framework.
- Has strong knowledge of OOP and OOD.
- Has basic knowledge of FP.
- Has strong knowledge and practical experience with multithreading (TPL, asynchronous computations).
We’d love to find a candidate who also has experience in
- F# and functional programming principles.
- The MVVM architecture and experience with ReactiveUI or similar MVVM framework.
- Developing desktop applications for Windows using WPF.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- Relocation support: We can help you relocate to Kyiv and make the experience smooth and easy. Grammarly provides a relocation bonus, legal and visa support, temporary housing, moving support and travel expenses, assistance in finding schools for your kids—and all other information you might need.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.