Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community-based marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts, and our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where people who are interested in fashion can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team focuses on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to own projects and take pride in the work you do. We’re constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and productive work environment.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to support a team of six engineers, with plans to grow further. Our teams work across functions to create solutions, as we strive to power the world’s largest marketplace for fashion.
We invite you to join our team of motivated and thoughtful engineers. Come bring the skills you have, and learn some new ones, as we work together to take the team to the next level.
Who you are
You have 2+ years experience as an engineering manager, with a team of four or more direct reports.
- Your approach has diversity and inclusion at its core.
- You have experience working on cross-functional teams.
- You know the ins-and-outs of management. You know how to measure the health of your teams, you can debug underperforming teams, and you have experience delivering both positive and constructive performance feedback.
- People that report to you excel, you are someone people will make a sacrifice to work with.
- You are technically adept. You have a storied experience as an engineer, can assess technical risk, and speak to trade-offs.
- You have experience as a hiring manager.
As an Engineering Manager, you will do things like:
- Create a friendly and safe work environment that values inclusion, diversity and teamwork.
- Mentor your team, facilitating their growth and providing them with the resources they need to be successful.
- Act as hiring manager to recruit, interview, and onboard new teammates.
- Be an instrumental part of planning and executing your team’s roadmap.
- Work to improve the health and function of the entire engineering organization.
- Promote an environment that fosters a supportive and performant team.
- Provide your reports with regular feedback, and conduct performance reviews.
More about us
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, great vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains. We are currently planning on working remotely until March 2021.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.