Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
As the Head of Product Design, you will help lead the product development efforts for the marketplace by guiding the design team and work closely with our other team leaders. You should be creative and undeterred by roadblocks, able to find alternative solutions to reach performance goals. You are a seasoned product design leader with a track record of leading design teams through successful launches across iOS, Android, and web. Many traditional solutions at other companies may not be applicable at Grailed due to the nature of our two-sided marketplace, requiring a candidate adept at testing new opportunities with cross-functional partners.
As the Head of Product Design you will:
- Drive design strategy and push to support potential opportunities that are backed by research and data
- Collaborate with designers and cross-functional teams to ensure the best, most relevant practices are employed and are evolving through the growth of the company
- Manage the designers on your team while assisting in the recruitment process to onboard new talent
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Help the designers develop wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Create and implement a phased design process that is scalable
- Define a Grailed design system that can easily be grasped by all team members
- Work with the design team to create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
The following might describe you:
- 8+ years of digital/product design experience, 3+ years of building and managing high performance teams
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Very experienced using tools like Sketch and InVision
- A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work and what makes a great product experience
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to develop and articulate strategy and perform tactically
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.