Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
We’ve quickly grown to be a market leader in fashion and are looking for a data engineer who can operate a robust catalog of databases, data warehouses, and API endpoints to help us scale the data we collect and the types of questions we can answer.
This is a chance to join a small, smart, and nimble team of engineers and a clean, robust tech stack. You’ll get to use some skills you already know, learn new ones, and help evolve Grailed from an intimate community of fashion enthusiasts into a data-driven machine built to optimize the world’s wardrobe.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain any data infrastructure needed to guarantee delivery of high quality data and empower data-driven business outcomes.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, and data analysts within cross-functional, agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Productionalize data science models (i.e. build & maintain APIs for developers to use when integrating models onto Grailed).
- Expand visibility into user behavior, content insights and third party data (i.e. Manage ETL/ELT systems for Snowflake).
- Develop a framework to ensure that sensitive data is secure and access to it is on a need-to-know basis.
- Develop a framework to ensure we are able to detect, alert, and respond to data anomalies.
- Ensure our data is secure and only accessible to those who need it.
The following might describe you:
- 3+ years of professional experience with databases, SQL, writing and debugging.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques and exposure to complicated systems-at-scale.
- You are able to contribute to conversations about reliability, standard engineering practices, and code management.
- Able to quickly and effectively leverage at least one programming language and relevant libraries to solve data problems.
- You are a skilled communicator that understands the value of partnership within teams.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains.