Graham Capital Management, L.P. ("GCM") manages assets on behalf of global pensions, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, investment management advisors and qualified individual investors. GCM manages quantitative and discretionary trading portfolios with a variety of return and volatility objectives, as well as blended portfolios that include a combination of quantitative and discretionary strategies. Strategies trade a broad range of markets spanning global interest rates, currencies, commodities and equities and are designed to produce attractive absolute and risk-adjusted returns with low correlation to traditional assets and other alternative strategies.
The foundation of GCM’s sustainability and success is the experience and effectiveness of its people. The firm cultivates talent, encourages the diversity of ideas, and respects the contributions of all. In turn, each employee shares in the responsibility of strengthening those around them. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The Internship Program
GCM is looking for talented undergraduate and graduate students to join our team as Summer Interns. GCM’s paid internship features a structured program consisting of educational, skill-building and networking events. Learning is the cornerstone of our culture and plays an active role in the internship experience through daily collaboration and interaction with employees at all levels, in workshops, and most significantly by working on projects that matter to the fundamentals of our business. In 2023 we hope to offer an in-person experience if conditions permit.
We are looking to take interns in the following departments:
- Quantitative Strategies - Systematic Equities, Alpha Generation, or Quantitative Trading
- Portfolio Management
- Investor Services
- Economic Research
- Risk Management
- Technology (Software Development and IT Infrastructure)
- Trading Services (Treasury Operations and Middle Office)
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD candidate with desire to work in the financial industry
- Prior to the start of your summer internship at GCM, you must have completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate studies
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to focus in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Hard-working, diligent and eager to learn in an intellectual and collaborative environment
Additional Qualifications for Quantitative Roles (typically in Quantitative Strategies, Risk Management, Technology)
- Working towards a degree in quantitative field (e.g. finance, economics, computer science, math, engineering, etc.)
- Programming skills: Python preferred but not required
The anticipated hourly rate for this position ranges from $30/hr to $45/hr. The anticipated range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. The applicable hourly rate paid to a successful applicant will be determined based on multiple factors, including without limitation the nature and extent of prior experience, skills, and qualifications.
GCM is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religious creed, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, citizenship status, handicap, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or other related conditions, military status, genetic information, or any other personal characteristics protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, layoff, termination, transfer, leave of absence and compensation.