This is a remote role for the European Timezones
Grafana Labs is looking for an experienced and strategic Developer Relations leader to build out our new Developer Advocacy function, reporting into Product Management. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to form a world-class technical developer advocate team and drive our global advocacy programs across Grafana Labs projects.
Community and open-source are at the heart of everything we do at Grafana Labs. You’ll find a strong engineering organization passionate about building open source products to help our users and customers be successful.
We expect the leader to scale our advocacy efforts, developing programs across the organization that empowers developers through high-quality technical content and continuous community engagement.
This new Developer advocate team will be critical for the adoption of our projects and to the long term success of our company as we continue to scale and add more open source based products to our catalog.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruit, coach, and lead a growing team of Technical Developer Advocates in the observability and reliability space.
- Designing the short, medium, and long-term plan for the Developer Advocate team, including team strategy and success metrics.
- Ensuring the continual development of technical content to complement our documentation and boost the visibility and adoption of our projects.
- Identify and drive potential collaboration and partnership opportunities within the community.
- Collaborate with internal teams and leaders to establish scalable Developer Relations programs focused on building a cadence of technical advocacy activities and event participation.
- Establish programs that nurture our open source communities and empower champions to encourage contributions and participation.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience as a Developer Advocate/Evangelist leader, including team scaling and people management.
- Ability to bring a new function to life in a large organization.
- Experience driving cross-functional initiatives that involve various teams and leaders to accomplish big audacious goals.
- Proven track record of building programs to drive compelling content about technology.
- Experience partnering with product teams.
- Experience building open source or developer communities.
- An interest in the Grafana stack and desire to contribute to our open source foundations.
- Comfort working autonomously and asynchronously in a distributed remote team.