We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to help the International Controller manage, develop, and scale our international accounting function at Grafana. In this role, you’ll be assisting with the entries and processes of the international accounting function while helping build Grafana’s Finance function for the future. A successful candidate should be comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous environment, effectively manage multiple competing priorities, and demonstrate high-quality judgment. If you are a quick learner who can think analytically while staying organized, paying attention to details and diving deep when needed, then this opportunity is for you.
This position will report to our International Controller and has the opportunity to work remotely. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
- Own transactional accounting for areas such as bank and credit card transactions, AP, payroll entry, and expense reporting, with an emphasis on processes to streamline the work as the company grows.
- Lead efforts for accounting policy and process documentation.
- Work on finance operations including: reporting, general ledger accounting, accounts payable, tax preparation and internal/external audit for international subsidiaries.
- Prepare timely monthly & quarterly financial statements and own/participate in month end close process.
- Have input on and help implement accounting policies and financial controls related to spending authorizations, cash management and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain and enhance financial system integrity through data clean-up, process improvements and system feature/capability upgrades.
- Entering journals with a view of constant streamlining and improvements.
- Assist with detailed-oriented projects such as accounting system implementations, business process improvements and reporting and operational enforcement of policies, and procedures, and internal controls
- Drive short-term process improvements with an eye toward longer term finance transformation improvements
- Participate in evaluation of potential new systems, specifically regarding procure-to-pay and intercompany modules
- Evaluate and implement SOX 404 controls to accounting policies and procedures
- 4+ years accounting experience, preferably in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience of transactional full-cycle general ledger, accounts payable, journals including processing disbursements;
- Experience driving transformation and efficiencies in controls and accounting systems;
- Experience in month-end and year-end close process including annual statutory audit;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a data-driven mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and processes
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, data analysis, and formula creation)
- Strong relationship skills with the ability to foster a sense of community with internal and external stakeholders