Grafana Labs is looking for an experienced and strategic Developer Relations leader to build out our new Developer Relations function. As our Global Head of Developer Relations, you’ll have the opportunity to create and scale a world-class developer relations team for an industry-leader in the observability space. This role offers the opportunity to create the Developer Relations program leveraging technical experts from across the company to increase adoption and success of multiple open source projects. We expect the leader to develop programs and a team that empowers developers across the Grafana Stack ecosystem through high quality technical content and continuous community engagement. Community-driven development is at the heart of everything we do at Grafana Labs and this new Developer Relations team will be mission-critical to the success of our company through our next phase of growth and beyond.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing scalable Developer Relations programs at Grafana Labs focused on building a cadence of activity that supports broader adoption and success of our technologies.
- Actively tracking the adoption metrics across our open source projects and working across the organization on strategies to execute specifically to support growth objectives from adoption to success.
- Designing the short, medium, and long-term plan for the Developer Relations team, including success metrics, team strategy and growth, and geographic coverage
- Coordinate and structure how we organize and speak at virtual and in-person (as they become permissible) events and partner with existing Developer Advocates to do the same around the world.
- Championing the Grafana community across the world and across the internet
- Ensuring the continual development of technical content around the Grafana Labs projects for talks, blog posts, videos, and demos
- Building systems to drive the organization’s ability to engage and answer technical questions and assist in community support on our Forums, in our Grafana Labs community slack space, on social media, and during (and hopefully soon at) events.
- Working cross-functionally with global events and community marketing events to support, staff, and travel to 1st and 3rd-party community conferences (ex. DevOps Days, FOSSDEM, etc.)
What you’ll bring:
- Experience as a Developer Relations/Developer Programs/Community leader, including team scaling and people management
- Proven track record of building programs to drive compelling content about technology — through social, blogging, speaking activity, etc.
- Kindness and compassion for the community to help them tackle their issues, provide internal feedback to make Grafana Labs’ products better, and fix struggles where possible
- Comfort working in a highly distributed team