Gradle is the build tool of choice for millions of developers around the globe and is the official build tool for Android applications. Developing Gradle is a dynamic and demanding engineering challenge, with the reward of significant industry impact and collaboration with some of the world's best software teams.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for a passionate engineer with a demonstrated ability to efficiently deliver and maintain robust and useful software based solutions, as part of a collaborative team.
- Designing and implementing innovative and technically challenging solutions
- Delivering new features and bug fixes
- Optimizing performance and/or improving ease of use
- Doing user research, outreach, and support
- Applying new developments in real-world Gradle builds and plugins
- 5 years of software development experience
- Experience programming in Java
- Ability to debug, profile, and optimize code
- Understanding of modern software development techniques and practices
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience developing and maintaining Gradle builds
- Experience programming in Kotlin or Groovy
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
What we value
- Passion for making other software engineers more productive
- Strong customer and community focus
- Delivering useful high-quality solutions
- Pragmatism in execution and getting things done
- Open communication and respect for each other
What we offer
- Work on a fast-growing product with millions of users and a clear vision for the future
- Cooperation with passionate and experienced engineers and the opportunity to learn from them regardless of your experience level
- Ability to work from any place on the planet in a remote-first environment with flexible working hours
- Opportunities for growth in technical and leadership responsibilities
- Attractive compensation package including company equity
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Submit your cover letter, answers to our application questions and resume via the form below
The next steps will follow our recruitment process.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace with a global multicultural team that learns from and respects each other. We are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion forward by investing resources in company-wide inclusion trainings, improving recruitment processes and contributing to groups that are committed to advancing racial/social justice and equality.
Gradle is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.