Gradle Inc. is looking for a passionate engineer to join our Gradle Build Tool team.
Gradle is the build tool of choice for millions of developers including state-of-the-art software engineering organizations like Netflix and LinkedIn, the official build tool for Android applications, and the most popular choice for new open-source JVM projects.
The Build Tool team is responsible for growing the size and happiness of the Gradle user base. We strive to achieve this through:
- Designing and implementing high-impact features.
- Promoting new capabilities and helping our users to be successful.
Our fully distributed global team spans 5 continents.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is essential to our values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
What we offer
- Work on a fast-growing product with millions of users and a clear vision for the future.
- Cooperation with highly accomplished engineers and the opportunity to learn from them regardless of your experience level.
- Ability to work from any place on the planet in a remote-first environment with flexible working hours.
What we value
- Unbreakable desire to make other software engineers more effective.
- Ability to deeply consider and document tradeoffs inherent in software design.
- Pragmatism in execution and getting things done.
- Strong customer and community focus.
- Egoless ownership of projects.
- Experience with delivering developer tooling.
- Familiarity with the Gradle Build Tool.
- Experience contributing to and leading open-source projects.
- Experience with the diverse set of technologies used by our users, including native languages and mobile development platforms.
- Team leadership skills.
- Consulting experience.
We are currently hiring primarily for the following subteams:
Time Zones: EMEA region
We consider build performance to be a key feature of the build tool. The Distributed Build Team is responsible for making Gradle builds fasters and our users more effective by leveraging the abilities provided by distributed computing. The team works on a wide range of features from distributed caching across continents to remote execution on large build farms.
Time Zones: EMEA region, Eastern US, South America
We think the dependency management problems are not solved, and that we can help. The Dependency Management Team is responsible for enabling improved developer workflows, especially in the multi-repository world. The team works on features like more flexible binary dependency management, external source dependencies and composite builds.