Gradle Enterprise is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle and Apache Maven™ builds. It comprises several facets including large volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for Web UI Designers to develop a web application that engages and delights as part of a collaborative team of domain experts and UI Engineers.
Our ideal candidates are passionate about great web apps. They are able to use technical expertise to solve design problems, and interpersonal skills when working with feature development teams. They thrive on collaborating with technical domain experts to deeply understand complex problems, and use that understanding to create effective and elegant user interfaces.
- Collaborating with feature teams during design and development to deliver great user interfaces
- Developing user interface prototypes
- Delivering effective user interface specifications
- Maintaining a consistent brand experience
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive design library
- Gathering and incorporating real user feedback
- Identifying and executing proactive cross cutting design improvements
- Formal training in user interface design principles
- Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces in a complex product domain
- Experience working with app development teams during design, implementation and quality assurance
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience working as part of a distributed team
- Experience with best-of-breed modern web applications
- Experience with Figma, or other comparable tools
- Experience with designing universally accessible user interfaces
What we offer
- A product used by software engineers around the world who value well made software
- Challenging problems including complex data visualization and communicating complex information
- An ambitious and experienced engineering team, dedicated to craft and delivery
- In-person onboarding in Switzerland and yearly, extraordinary company offsite event
- Opportunities for growth in technical and managerial responsibilities
- Attractive compensation package including company equity
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- An introductory cover letter
- Your resume and portfolio
Please briefly discuss in your cover letter why you are interested in the position, and provide examples of web based tools for developers that you admire with regard to their design and why.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.