Gradle Enterprise is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle and Apache Maven™ builds. It comprises several facets including large volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for application security engineers to help us create and deliver safe and secure software to our customers, as part of a collaborative team.
Our ideal candidates are passionate about secure software development and DevSecOps principles. They are able to use technical expertise to help create secure software, and interpersonal skills to proactively develop and improve security related aspects of the software delivery process.
- Developing and executing manual and automated security quality assurance practices as part of feature delivery
- Collaborating with feature teams during design and development to deliver secure implementations
- Coordinating penetration tests and security audits with external specialists
- Managing discovered and reported application vulnerabilities, from analysis through to disclosure
- Proactively increasing security awareness amongst the wider development team and organization
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing an application security program
- Experience in automated and manual penetration testing
- Extensive knowledge of common web application vulnerabilities and their remedies
- Ability to develop, maintain and operate software security tooling and automation
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and containerization
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS and GCP
- Proficiency with Burp Suite - Application Security Testing Software
- Experience with vulnerability report handling and disclosure
- Experience with mentoring application development teams to improve security awareness
What we offer
- An ambitious and experienced engineering team, dedicated to craft and delivery
- An automation focussed engineering culture
- Interesting and challenging security problems above and beyond HTTP headers and SQL injection
- Collaborating closely and daily with remote colleagues distributed across the globe
- In-person onboarding in Switzerland and yearly, extraordinary company offsite event
- Opportunities for growth in technical and managerial responsibilities
- Attractive compensation package including company equity
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Submit your cover letter, your resume, and a build scan link via the form below
- Explain in your cover letter why you want to work on the Gradle Enterprise product
- Create a build scan for any OSS project and tag it with app-security-engineer
After applying, familiarize yourself with the Gradle Enterprise hiring process to understand the next steps.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.