Gradle Enterprise is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle and Apache Maven™ builds. It comprises several facets including large volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for developer productivity engineers with a demonstrated ability to efficiently deliver and maintain robust and useful software based solutions, as part of a collaborative team.
Our ideal candidates have a success record of shaping how development teams work by optimizing both processes as well as tooling used in the software delivery pipeline. While not necessarily Gradle experts, they do exhibit a deep understanding and interest in build automation and developer productivity. They thrive on making developers more productive by solving challenging build automation and CI requirements, are able to design and implement creative solutions that address build performance and reliability issues, possess and can capably articulate strong opinions, and feel comfortable collaborating with a distributed team.
- Maintaining and improving our own software delivery processes
- Designing and implementing robust build automation solutions
- Applying the latest Gradle Enterprise features and providing product feedback
- Coordinating Gradle Enterprise releases in collaboration with the entire engineering team
- Making our entire engineering team more productive through code, process, and communication
- 5 years of software development experience
- Experience programming in Java 11 or later
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with build tools like Gradle, Maven, or Bazel
- Experience with CI systems like Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub Actions, or GitLab
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience developing and maintaining Gradle, Maven, or CI plugins
- Experience developing large-scale Gradle, Maven, or Bazel builds
- Experience automating the software build and delivery process
- Experience working with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn new software development skills and techniques
What we offer
- Keeping a growing team of 50+ engineers productive in their daily development work
- Tackling and solving together intriguing build automation challenges
- An automation-focused, test-driven engineering culture
- An ambitious and experienced engineering team, dedicated to craft and delivery
- Close collaboration with world-class engineers around the globe on novel products
- In-person onboarding with your team and yearly, extraordinary company offsite event
- Opportunities for growth in technical and managerial responsibilities
- Attractive compensation package including company equity
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Attach your Resume/CV and answer the required fields below
- Create a build scan for any OSS project and tag it with devprod-engineer
After applying, familiarize yourself with the Gradle Enterprise hiring process to understand the next steps.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.