Gradle Enterprise is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle and Apache Maven™ builds. It comprises several facets including large volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
We are applying ranking, classification, clustering, pattern recognition, text summarization, and other analytical tools to developer productivity problems in novel ways to help our customers ship faster with less risk.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for data scientists with a demonstrated ability to efficiently deliver and maintain innovative statistical, machine learned, and visual solutions, as part of a collaborative team.
Our ideal candidates possess a passion for developer productivity, have courage and perseverance to explore complex analytical problems, discern good solutions from great ones with sharp technical skills, adeptly balance exploration and knowledge exploitation, and effectively communicate complex concepts to experts and non-technical people.
- Collaborating with customers to understand their developer productivity challenges and explore opportunities
- Identifying potential models or algorithms using applied data science principles such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence
- Working with technical teammates to acquire, process, and store data
- Measuring and improving solution effectiveness
- Collaborating with design to produce actionable visualizations and insights
- Presenting solutions and technical reasoning to experts and non-technical people
- 3+ years practical experience in machine learning, statistics, and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience programming in Python and SQL (or other data analysis languages such as R)
- Passion for improving developer productivity
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics or computer science
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Experience working on developer tools
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to leading solutions in the new industry of DevProd Engineering
- An ambitious and experienced engineering team, dedicated to craft and delivery
- Collaborating closely with world-class engineers on novel products
- An automation focussed engineering culture
- In-person onboarding with your team and yearly, extraordinary company offsite event
- Attractive compensation package including company equity
- Anywhere in North America with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Submit your cover letter, your resume, and a build scan link via the form below
- Explain in your cover letter why you want to work on the Gradle Enterprise product
- Create a build scan for any OSS project and tag it with data-scientist
After applying, familiarize yourself with the Gradle Enterprise hiring process to understand the next steps.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.