Who you are
You are a passionate about the domain of Build Automation and Continuous Delivery. You have high emotional intelligence. You would be comfortable working closely with the Gradle engineering team. Above and beyond this you are a prodigious creator of technical content. Code examples, tutorials, screencasts, webinars, blog posts, downloadable guides, articles, email guides, videos, reference cards, tips and tricks, podcasts, social media tweets and posts, demos, conference speeches, slides: you name it, you can create it, and you love doing it. You’re a great communicator both in written and verbal formats with both highly technical and nontechnical audiences and you have an affinity towards understanding both how to do technical things but also why someone would want to do them. You love open source, developers and software development and demonstrate enthusiasm through both communication and by your actions. This is a deep part of our culture that needs to match. Almost everyone at Gradle has a long and strong open source background. Our passion is to provide the best possible platform for creating software
Your key responsibility is to show the world the value of Gradle and once people start using it, make them successful, shorten their learning curve until they are able to roll out Gradle into production usage. We are a very data driven company and you will own and drive some of those strategic metrics such as awareness, open source downloads and Gradle usage. So you should love that metrics, analysis and numbers guide your work.
This is a role that combines Data Science and Empathy with developers.
You are able to have a strategic understanding of a complex domain (Build Automation) and are able to hold your own in messaging and thought leadership discussions with the CMO and CEO.
Your role would be as the go-to technical expert working closely with Gradle marketing and engineering teams. You are a passionate advocate for developers and open source technologies. You will be directly reporting to the CMO.
Your responsibilities in order of importance will include:
- Promote Gradle in software development community primarily through content including our email newsletter, blogs, social networks, video, podcast, webinar and other platforms.
- Improve how users learn Gradle, including writing tutorials and sample code.
- Speak at and participate in selected meetups and conferences
- Participate in dashboarding, integrating and reporting user data including usage data, user struggles and user happiness to the Engineering team including collecting and analyzing Gradle users’ feedback on the Forums, Issue Trackers, website and emails in order to influence Gradle Engineering priorities.
- Participate frequently in pre and post sales technical support of our customers and users to better understand their needs.
- 20% travel 80% local (an event every 1-2 months).
- Some travel to San Francisco for non-local candidates.
Our ideal candidate is:
- US Based.
- Experienced as a Java, Android or C/C++ developer.
- Someone with 4+ years of engineering experience.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills including experience presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to have
- San Francisco Bay Area based.
- Interest in Marketing and business concerns
- Experience owning a Gradle build for a team of developers
- Experience in similar role