At Gradle Inc. our mission is to transform how software is built and shipped. We are the company behind the Gradle Build Tool, one of the Top 20 Most Popular Open Source Projects for IT used by millions of developers and is downloaded over 19 million times a month. Our commercial product, Gradle Enterprise is used by some of the most elite development teams within the most valuable technology and G1000 brands. As such, Gradle is one of the fastest growing start-up ventures based in Silicon Valley.
Gradle employs exceptional software people (a veritable international business and developer all-star team) located in 17 countries around the world. From the company’s beginning, Gradle has built and honed an advanced remote working environment and culture. This requires that all members are self-managing, highly motivated, and truly passionate about their domain.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment where we learn from each other is important to our values. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Gradle Inc. is looking for a passionate MarTech engineering professional to join the Gradle Enterprise marketing team. Gradle marketing is a highly data- and automation-driven environment.
- We are a fully distributed team and you will collaborate remotely with our world wide team. The employer would be our legal entities in Germany or Switzerland.
- We need someone with a deep understanding of the marketing toolchain or the skill set to quickly come up to speed and optimize and scale our processes.
- This includes providing a controlling and quality assurance/ops function (e.g. monitoring all systems for proper functioning and availability) and a management reporting function that delivers the key data and uncovers the insights needed to drive growth and revenue.
- The candidate will need to be able to develop an advanced ability to detect and track marketing signals (e.g. content conversions through various owned and virtual channels) and attribute them to leads tracked in Salesforce in the most automated way possible.
- This may also include (1) identifying and integrating new and existing automation and reporting tools and (2) exercising the full-potential of a tool(s) functionality (e.g. being a power user of Google Analytics).
- Video marketing, particularly YouTube paid advertising, is a primary focus of the Gradle marketing engine. Operating this channel at a world-class level will be a critical success factor in this role.
- The primary key to success in this role is to have an engineering mindset and discipline in the way you approach this role. This will require not only being comfortable going deep and being creative in the use of tools, but the ability to rapidly come up to speed on the Gradle business domain (e.g. market and buyer dynamics and go-to-market strategy) and deliver business context-sensitive results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define, measure and analyze metrics that drive the Gradle Enterprise pipeline and be able to regularly report on results using a highly customized dashboard that keeps the executive team laser-focused on the results and insights that matter and lead to clear marketing calls to action and next steps.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize the Gradle marketing analytics infrastructure
- Maintain and optimize Gradle internal sales and marketing tools
- Define and implement custom tools and integrations that fully automate and scale processes (e.g. lead attribution across channels).
- Identify new levers to help move key success metrics
- In sum, be responsible for the efficient operation of all MarTech/AdTech stack systems and application services including Pardot/Salesforce, Google paid and earned media, other social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook) and complementary tools such as Clearbit, Salesloft, Segment, Mixpanel or other content personalization or attribution technologies that you identify and deploy.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in an engineering field, computer science, or information systems and at least 2-3 year of experience in the field of marketing technologies/operations
- Experience or familiarity with marketing automation systems (preferably Pardot) and Salesforce
- Experience with at least one of the following tools: Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and YouTube Analytics
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and the ability to implement them
- Experience in HTML, CSS and JS
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with Clearbit
- Experience with content personalization technology
- Power-user of Google Sheets/Excel
Get in Touch
Sounds interesting? We’d love to hear from you. Apply and include the required information:
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume and describe why you believe you'd be a great fit for the team
- Please inform us about your earliest start date and salary expectations
- You may apply in English or German
Visit our careers page to learn more about the company and see other open positions.