Develocity is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle, Apache Maven™, Bazel, and sbt builds. It comprises several facets, including large-volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, SAP, several top ten banks, and many other major customers across all verticals. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We have partnered with the Apache Software Foundation, the Micronaut Foundation, and other OSS projects like Spring, Quarkus, Kotlin Compiler, JUnit, AndroidX, etc., to bring the values of Develocity also to the OSS Community.
We are looking for back-end engineers with a demonstrated ability to efficiently deliver and maintain robust and useful software based solutions, as part of a collaborative team.
Our ideal candidates have a success record of delivering testable, evolvable, and scalable back-end architectures to production. While not necessarily build experts, they do exhibit a deep understanding and interest in the automation domain and in developer productivity. They thrive on challenging development and integration problems, understand the nuances of performance and memory optimization, possess and can capably articulate strong opinions, and feel comfortable collaborating with a distributed team.
- Designing and implementing robust solutions
- Applying automated quality assurance
- Employing modern software development techniques and practices
- Doing user research, outreach and support
- Assisting clients during trials and in production
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Contributing to changes that improve the team’s velocity and efficiency
- 5 years of software development experience
- Experience programming in Java 11 or later
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience developing large-scale web applications
- Experience working with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience automating the software build and delivery process
- Ability to debug, profile, and optimize code
- Ability to perform and receive code reviews
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn new software development skills and techniques
What We Offer
- Interacting closely with customers that are amongst the world's best software engineering teams
- Contributing strategic, technical improvements to our products
- An automation-focused, test-driven engineering culture
- An ambitious and experienced engineering team, dedicated to craft and delivery
- Close collaboration with world-class engineers around the globe on novel products
- In-person onboarding with your team and yearly, extraordinary company offsite event
- Opportunities for growth in technical and managerial responsibilities
- Attractive compensation package including company equity
Benefits & Perks
- A focus on learning and development – Gradle offers an annual L&D stipend and a monthly company-wide Learning Day
- Home office stipend to make sure you are fully set up to work remotely
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid public holidays
- Volunteer Day - Giving back to the community has always been a priority at Gradle, so we offer up to 8 hours of paid work time each year for team members to give back to their local communities
- Remote from European timezones
While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Attach your Resume/CV and answer the required fields below
- Create a build scan for any OSS project and tag it with backend-engineer
After applying, familiarize yourself with the Develocity hiring process to understand the next steps.
Visit our careers page to learn more about the company and see other open positions.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Listen to Marc Philipp describing his work on the Develocity Back-End Engineering team.