Gradle Inc. is looking for Field Solutions Engineers with Gradle and build automation experience and strong engineering background to secure technical wins for Gradle’s solutions within large enterprise accounts.
Who we are:
Gradle Build Tool is the choice for millions of developers including state-of-the-art software engineering organizations like Netflix and LinkedIn, the official build tool for Android applications, and the most popular choice for new open-source JVM projects.
Gradle Enterprise provides teams the tools they need to reduce build times, increase build reliability, and enhance team collaboration.
Job Description :
The Field Solutions Engineering team works as part of a team with an Enterprise Account Manager. You will educate and deliver the technical win for some of our largest and most complex opportunities. Our technical selling process is largely focused on a ROI-based model with a defined process and steps. You will need complete command of the Gradle technologies and how we can apply them to our prospect’s pain points and funded initiatives to design and deliver compelling Proof of Concepts that deliver strong ROI to our customers.
We take a solutions-oriented approach and many of our large prospects are looking to transform their development practices, develop new build architectures, migrate and standardize on Gradle across platforms, and eliminate other build tools. Working with our Solutions Consultants, you will be the driver to develop a technical game plan to ensure an outstanding win rate.
- Drive the entire technical sales process with a strong focus on understanding and listening to customers’ pain points and build environment transformation initiatives.
- Gain the technical win for all qualified opportunities leveraging the entire Gradle team (Consultants, Sales, Engineering, and Partners).
- Escalate and communicate risks and build get-well plans for prospects struggling with resources, bandwidth, and perception of solution value.
- Cultivate strong interpersonal relationships with our technical champions and coaches.
- Communicate effectively with all customer levels including: general users, project managers, application developers, and C-level executives.
- Cultivate, build and maintain relationships with clients as well as Gradle field teams (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Manager).
Desired Skills and Experience :
- 7+ years of IT vendor industry related experience, in a comparable role of Sales/Solution Engineer.
- Strong track record of quota achievement.
- Knowledge of Gradle and build automation domain.
- Passion for making other software engineers more effective.
- Strong customer and community focus.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, analytical and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong account management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with programming, software development cycle, processes, and tools, especially Web applications, Android, and Java server-based applications.
- Experience with other build tools such as make*, Ant, Maven, Bazel, Buck.