Gradle Inc. is looking for world-class Solutions Consultants with Gradle and build automation experience and strong engineering background.
Who we are:
Gradle Build Tool is the choice for millions of developers including state-of-the-art software engineering organizations like Netflix and LinkedIn, the official build tool for Android applications, and the most popular choice for new open-source JVM projects.
Gradle Enterprise provides teams the tools they need to reduce build times, increase build reliability, and enhance team collaboration.
What we're looking for:
The Solutions Consulting team is focused on helping customers adopt and fully realize the value of Gradle solutions. Services range from onboarding, architecture and design, to migration and deployment services.
An Initial Use consultant works closely with a Gradle sales team to define complete solutions for customers. Typically, these solutions encompass migration from older versions of Gradle, and from other build tools such as Ant and Maven. You will need to be able to create a detailed plan and manage resources and partners to successfully achieve initial productive use of the combined Gradle Build Tool and Gradle Enterprise platform.
A Customer Success consultant will continue the journey for our customers, defining ongoing solutions to broaden the value and ROI achieved using our solutions to ensure customer renewals. A Customer Success consultant will also carry a quota for discovering and expanding usage within clients to other teams/projects/applications.
What you'll be doing:
- Successfully drive customer Gradle solution implementations and ensure customer ROI within defined timeframes
- Supporting large-scale migrations from legacy build tools to Gradle.
- Communicate effectively with all customer levels including: general users, project managers, application developers, and C-level executives.
- Cultivate, build and maintain relationships with clients as well as Gradle field teams (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Manager).
- Lead client discovery, scoping and proposal development activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to qualify, develop, and close professional services opportunities; and achieve services bookings target.
- Work to develop and deliver engagements with other consulting partners.
- Requires up to 50% travel.
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Experience delivering consulting services to external customers.
- Knowledge of Gradle and build automation domain.
- Passion for making other software engineers more effective.
- Strong customer and community focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Creative Problem solver.
- History of meeting aggressive timelines.
- Strong account management and organizational skills.
- BA in Computer Science, related degree, or work experience.
- Experience with programming, software development cycle, processes, and tools, especially Web applications, Android, and Java server-based applications.
- Experience with other build tools such as make*, Ant, Maven, Bazel, Buck.