Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join our team and help continue to make Gradient a great place to work! In this role, you will be working closely with our Director of People to manage the full team member lifecycle, from welcoming and onboarding new hires to developing and retaining staff through benefit programs, performance and career management, and continued learning opportunities. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of our culture, build and develop close partnerships with senior leaders, and make a meaningful impact on your teammates’ careers and lives.
Gradient's offices are located in the Mission, San Francisco. This role is expected to be a hybrid role with a couple days a week in the office. The estimated salary for this role is between 80-110k/annually + benefits and option grants.
The ideal candidate will,
- Exhibit strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, and presentation
- Possess Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Have a proactive, resourceful, and self-driven work ethic with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a high sense of urgency
- Proven experience operating with a high level of transparency, providing progress updates and sharing information with stakeholders when relevant
- Value having a high level of integrity and a strong moral compass - you believe in doing what’s right and understand the importance of confidentiality
- Thrive in a team environment - you find meaning and purpose in helping others
- Support benefits and 401(k) administration, including: handling employee enrollment and questions, supporting open enrollment, and researching new benefits and perks.
- Ensure a seamless candidate onboarding experience
- Facilitate immigration and visa management for the organization and partner with legal counsel as needed; manage international and other complex employment arrangements.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date employee records in HRIS and other systems.
- Partner with the People Operations team on employee engagement initiatives, including quarterly engagement surveys and results reporting
- Support team-facing initiatives such as event planning, and wellness programs.
- Assist with other People Operations functions as needed, stepping in to help with recruiting and administrative tasks during critical times
- 2+ years in HR, clerical and payroll administrative responsibilities
- Recruiting experience, a plus.
- Experienced user of HR software and tools: Greenhouse and Rippling strongly preferred
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; particularly Excel
- Degree in HR or Business Admin related function
- SHRM or equivalent certification
- Familiar with a Start Up Environment
- Focus and passion for the environment and mitigating climate change.
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional Development Stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.