Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
We are looking for…
The Commercial Sales Representative will be at the forefront of scaling our commercial partnerships with support from senior members of the team. You will be the first official Gradient sales hire, assisting with managing an already robust pipeline across several verticals, building relationships, closing deals and launching a ground-breaking step up in comfort, design, and low-carbon heating and cooling. You will work closely with the marketing team and maintain relationships with cross functional teams to build a world class brand.
The ideal candidate will have a background in HVAC sales with a strong desire to cool the world.
- Drive profitable revenue to meet and exceed Gradient sales targets
- Track & monitor sales metrics, implement actions to improve sales performance, and identify opportunities for growth
- Manage current inbound and build outbound sales pipeline
- Document and track all sales activities in Gradient's CRM system
- Educate partners and contractors on how becoming a Gradient Pro, installing Gradient, and embracing the future of electrifying homes will help grow business
- Provide marketplace feedback, including competitive information, customer expectations, industry trends, etc
- Monitor industry and home building trends & market shifts
- Communicate customer and prospect product pain points to marketing, product, operations and engineering teams.
- Partner with marketing to develop sales materials and collateral to align with target verticals
- 3+ years of commercial HVAC or installer/contractor experience
- Proven track record of successful sales to the HVAC and/or electric marketplace
- Working knowledge of distribution, contractors, and working with installers
- Highly self motivated
- Ability to travel when needed
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds and capable of facilitating Gradient installation demos
- Experience or interest in climate policy at the local, state and/or federal level
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional Development Stipen
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.