Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
We are looking for someone to lead Engineering Program Management across a diverse and highly technical engineering team.
- Manage the development of Gradient’s second generation product from concept through to production.
- Work with engineers, manufacturing, and leadership to develop and manage project scope, timeline and budget.
- Serve as a translator between teams, helping to weigh competing tradeoffs and ultimately guide the team to unite behind critical changes and decisions.
- Develop internal tools to track issues, design history, test results, etc.
- Lead efficient team meetings that highlight changes, blockers, next steps and action items; take useful meeting notes
- Identify areas that need improved resourcing, such as critical risks and tasks with slipping deadlines
- Communicate effectively to motivate others to improve productivity, including multi-tasking, being agile and flexible, giving and receiving feedback, solving problems and taking initiative
- Shared commitment to building world-positive businesses and products, from climate change mitigation to design as a tool for increased human well-being.
- 3+ years of engineering program management in a consumer technology or related industry.
- Experience managing a project from prototype through to production.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar.
- Exceptional communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced, cross functional environment with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience managing outsourced consultants and agencies.
- Experience seeing a hardware product from concept to launch.
- Experience managing and mentoring others.
- PMP or other Program Management Certification.
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional Development Stipen
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.