Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emits more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities who are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
This leader will build the supply chain, logistics, and manufacturing teams charged with the productization of our first-generation cooling and heating system. You will work in close partnership with the executive team to set the company’s vision for taking products from prototype to volume production. Your exceptional leadership, vision, technical aptitude, and ambition for building & growing an industry-leading organization will be key to our success. You have the mindset that anything is possible and possess the influence to inspire the team to do whatever it takes.
The ideal Head of Supply Chain candidate will have a proven track record sourcing and manufacturing complex fully-integrated hardware products from development to commercialization. In this position, you will be responsible for providing vision and leadership while also engaging in a hands-on capacity. Putting in place operating processes to ensure Gradient meets its production and quality target will be critical to our success.
Consistently deliver awesome products
- Compassionate and energetic team leader who brings out the best in everyone. People love working with you and as a result, your teams deliver amazing results.
- Leading the operational strategy and execution of sourcing, logistics, and manufacturing including building and tracking against program plans and budgets.
- Provide hands-on expertise through each build phase identifying, prioritizing, and solving problems quickly and efficiently.
Build, retain and develop an A-team
- Rigorously recruit, retain, and reward A-players that continuously raise the talent bar.
- Manage performance and talent development with clear plans and measurable milestones.
- Coach and cultivate engineering ability and an innovative mindset in junior and senior engineers alike.
Enthusiastically Driven & Collaborative
- Inspire the team to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships embracing teamwork, agility, and entrepreneurial mindset.
- 5+ years of supply chain management and 2+ years of leadership experience within a hardware product-driven company.
- Experience managing the resolution of cross-functional challenges including manufacturing, engineering, quality, supply chain, integration, and test of mechanical, electrical, and software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; MBA preferred.
- Supply chain, manufacturing, quality, and logistics background.
- Ability to travel globally, including trips to China, Mexico, and the EU (once Covid is over).
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.