Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emits more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities who are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
About This Role
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to support the Thermal Team’s efforts to develop advanced technologies that reduce the environmental cost of building heating and cooling. Office work for this position will be remote until San Francisco public health guidance allows on-site office work to resume.
- Manage thermal R+D projects from concept to production
- Work with engineers and leadership to develop and manage project timelines and budgets
- Develop internal document management tools to track design history, test results, etc.
- Support parts procurement, purchasing, and sourcing activities; assist with vendor management
- Manage thermal team simulation and testing activities (inhouse and outsourced)
- Lead efficient team meetings that highlight changes, blockers, next steps and action items; take useful meeting notes
- Identify areas which need improved resourcing, such as tasks with slipping deadlines
- Manage grant-funded activities: write technical progress reports, communicate timeline updates, assist with proposal writing
- Communicate effectively to motivate others to improve productivity, including multi-tasking, being agile and flexible, giving and receiving feedback, solving problems and taking initiative
- 3+ years of project management experience involving designing, simulating, building, and testing of physical parts
- Comfort with the fundamentals of heat transfer, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills
- Experience managing projects involving domestic and international vendors
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with early stage R+D projects
- Experience in the HVAC, automotive, or aerospace industry
- Experience with grant management and/or proposal writing
- Experience with regulation/certification/homologation processes
- Experience managing software projects
- Experience managing and mentoring others
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.