Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emits more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
- Take ownership of and build upon all electrical design files.
- Work cross-functionally with business and product teams, while designing the electronic systems in the Company's product roadmap.
- Drive component selection to meet BOM targets.
- Run design reviews to evaluate the circuit boards and hardware systems within the Company's products.
- Establish and implement best practices around circuit design, board layouts, hardware verification, and electronics design controls.
- Interface with and support embedded systems consultants to meet company objectives.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and optimize the performance of new electrical designs.
- Build electronics supply chain relationships and manage vendors for prototype builds, and interface with the operations team heading into production.
- Work with contract manufacturers to design functional circuit test fixtures.
- Track record of shipping new consumer or industrial electronics products on a tight schedule.
- Comfort with design and evaluation of power electronics, eg. PFC, motor control
- 5+ years developing embedded systems solutions.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent, for experience in mechatronics, firmware, and circuit design.
- Proficiency in programming in C/C++.
- Experience managing others, either internal teams or consultants.
- Experience designing systems that incorporate wireless communication SoCs, especially WiFi and BLE.
- Proficiency with Altium.
- Experience shipping 2 or more consumer products.
- Experience with field-oriented control of BLDC motors.
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.