Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emits more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
- Lead testing of the Company's devices by executing protocols to evaluate the controls software and all expected functionality.
- Assess and approve all firmware and application version releases.
- Enforce best practices at the Company with regards to all software quality assurance related design controls.
- Set up testing frameworks for all firmware and mobile app code releases.
- Write test scripts and protocols to automate and document results from testing firmware and software releases.
- Troubleshoot quality issues on the production floor.
- Support the manufacturing team with product quality and reliability testing.
- Contribute to writing and following work and assembly instructions.
- Perform quality control processes including measuring incoming materials, documenting processes with photos and written instructions, and pre-shipping quality control testing.
- Participate in shop inventory, shop safety, materials handling, packaging, labeling, and shipping procedures.
- 2+ years of industry experience testing firmware for hardware products.
- Proven track record of ensuring quality on consumer products, and professional experience working with quality control processes.
- Experience with data entry into spreadsheets (such as Google Sheets), and execution of software test protocols following written instructions.
- Experience working with IoT or other embedded systems products.
- Associate’s degree or higher in Manufacturing Technology, Quality Assurance, or equivalent experience in quality management systems, document control, design controls, and statistics.
- Effective communication and interaction with team members shop users, suppliers, customers, and guests.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for short distances. Able to climb ladders, move from place to place, bend, stretch, grasp, reach, kneel, and twist.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Driver’s license
- Experience working on projects with a combination of mechanical, electrical, and software components.
- Experience with product specifications, requirements documents, and failure modes and effects analysis.
- Experience with database quality and security standards.
- Some level of Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification.
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.