Who we are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (former founder & CTO of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today.
Grabango has raised over $75 million in funding since 2017, with $39 million in Series B announced in June 2021. The round was led by Commerce Ventures with participation from Founders Fund, Unilever Ventures, Honeywell Ventures, Rich Products Ventures, and WIND Ventures. Grabango has signed five retail partners, each over $1 billion in revenue, including a global top-10 grocer and a Fortune-25 multinational. Several multi-store deployments are underway. The company has filed 40 patents, and the earliest ones that predate most prior art in the category have already been awarded.
We’re a growing group of curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of progress opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
Grabango is seeking a Validation Engineer to join our Computer Vision Team. As a part of the job, this candidate will develop integration plans, create regression datasets and infrastructure and work with both the researchers and the deployment engineering to create metrics and KPI for model deployment and monitoring.
What you’ll be doing:
- Have module level integration ownership.
- Collaborate with engineers on both sides of the spectrum i.e CV model development and CV Ops pipeline.
- Should have experience understanding issues arising from model conversions during integration, quantify loss in metrics, develop benchmarks on a case by case basis to meet the orginal goal.
- Ability to understand the need between retraining due to weight degradation and feature degradation.
- Develop regression pipelines and reference trees.
- Should have the ability to implement, train, and validate neural networks using frameworks such as tensorflow/pytorch.
- Should have exposure inference frameworks.
What you should have:
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in the computer vision field
- 2+ years of production-level development experience with Python and/or C++
- Ability to develop regression and validation pipelines.
- Experience integration and testing of deep learning models for computer vision.
- Should have strong programming and debugging skills, particularly in other peoples code.
- Ability to create complex datasets and understand/resolve regression holes .
Education & Certifications:
- Bonus: PhD in computer vision or Masters in computer vision with equivalent work experience
- MS/BS degree in Engineering,CS/EE or related
Equal Opportunity Employer
Integrity, Bold Innovation, People Matters, Don’t Live with Broken, Customer Focus, Inclusion, Simplify
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.
Salary range: $100,000 - $180,000.00