Who we are:
Grabango is looking for a hands-on engineering manager for our applications team. This is an ideal for a technical leader who leads by example, and has a passion for enabling and growing the people around them. Our full-stack applications team builds out all of the software that our customers and internal stakeholders use from day to day, managing its own services from end to end. The team's scope includes not only the frontend (web/mobile) services, but also the API and database layers. The manager of the team needs to participate in technical architecture and design across this entire breadth while clearly communicating project scope, milestones and status to the rest of the company. The manager will also help to grow the careers of the engineers on the team, and hire into new positions as the team grows substantially in the coming year.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and manage the engineering team responsible for the development of the Grabango user-facing applications.
- Grow the team
- Drive engineering effort through technical expertise and process guidance
- Collaborate with product management and technical project managers on team strategy, roadmap, and building an awesome product.
- Align the needs of the business and the team members to help develop the careers and skills of the team while building Grabango's products
- Work with senior engineering leadership to advocate and drive high-quality engineering
- 4+ years managing engineering teams in a hands-on technical environment
- Experience developing microservices on Kubernetes + various databases: SQL, MongoDB, RESTful APIs.
- Demonstrated ability to build awesome products and have a positive impact on engineering teams & culture
- Exhibit extraordinary attention to detail
- Effectively manage the time to focus on the highest impact tasks
- Take ownership, solve problems, and have a high level of accountability
- Bonus points for experience with modern frontend technologies, React but also lower-level web APIs
- Bonus points for managing Python-heavy teams
Educations & Certifications:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, with an emphasis on computer vision, machine learning, neural networks
- MS or PhD preferred
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don’t have to.
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with pragmatism.
Execution Matters: Hire the best people, and treasure them.
Don’t Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Delight customers, both internal and external.
Simplify: Enough Said
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.