Grabango - Who We Are
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (co-founder/former CTO of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today. Grabango's system accommodates thousands of store locations, hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of square feet across a given retail enterprise.
We're a growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
Computer vision and machine learning are at the core of our patent pending technology. Our accomplished team is a potent combination of technology and commerce professionals that are looking to “Eliminate lines and save people time!”
About The Role
We are hiring an enthusiastic Lead Brand Ambassador to be the face and voice of our brand. You will be involved in increasing brand awareness, promoting our “checkout-free” and “checkout-ready” technology, at various events and client sites along with serving as the integral link between shoppers and the development of the product. You will help improve the product based on feedback real users provide in the field.
You’ll be responsible for training local Brand Ambassadors while leading, nurturing, and growing our product through brand awareness and exceptional customer service. Your ability to influence and drive change through an organization without direct authority is critical to achieve business objectives. You will also play a key role on the Operations team working cross-functionally with the Marketing team by bringing your experience, perspective, and metrics to collaborate and work towards company goals.
- Engage with shoppers through face-to-face interactions at local events, and client sites/stores
- Promote Grabango technology and provide exceptional customer service and subject matter expertise as it relates to product performance
- Work as a positive team player to meet individual and team goals
- Train and interview potential team members
- Work closely with the store to ensure Grabango is running at its peak operational performance
- Drive achievement of store launches by build lasting relationships with shoppers, our clients, and store staff
- Host VIP visits
- Perform test visits
- Performance basic hardware testing and maintenance
- Develop and maintain deep expertise in our solution from a user and architectural standpoint, and serve as a subject matter expert to demonstrate the product and educate our customers
- Understand shopper needs and offer feedback and solutions to everyday challenges
- Learn about the benefits and services of our product to effectively educate customers
- Think on your feet and problem solve on the spot as issues arise
- Attend/provide training several times a week at client or company sites
- Analyze metrics and make BAM schedule
- You have a desire to contribute to a rapid-growth, high-potential start-up
- Customer service, sales, or marketing skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills & google sheets experience
- Flexible: ability to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends
- Reliable source of transportation in between various locations
- Willing to travel at least 1/3 of the year (4 months)