Who we are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (former founder & CTO of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today.
Grabango has raised over $75 million in funding since 2017, with $39 million in Series B announced in June 2021. The round was led by Commerce Ventures with participation from Founders Fund, Unilever Ventures, Honeywell Ventures, Rich Products Ventures, and WIND Ventures. Grabango has signed five retail partners, each over $1 billion in revenue, including a global top-10 grocer and a Fortune-25 multinational. Several multi-store deployments are underway. The company has filed 40 patents, and the earliest ones that predate most prior art in the category have already been awarded.
We’re a growing group of curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of progress opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
About this role:We're looking for a talented and mission-aligned senior DevOps engineer with significant cloud architectural experience and proficiency in information security to join our team in a key technical leadership role. This full-time role reports directly to the Systems Engineering Manager and is based in Berkeley.
What you'll be doing:
- Help define, through close collaboration with executive and interdisciplinary stakeholders, the long-term vision and strategy for the company's development processes, technology platform, and business scalability
- Analyze, interpret, and make technical/architectural decisions based on data and statistics about product/system performance
- Assist in the architecture, engineering, development, and quality assurance of data-producing/consuming software, including changes to legacy web application software and DevOps processes
- Manage server images and optimize cloud resources and configurations
- Participate in code review processes and exhibit deep personal experience in software development sufficient to provide concrete, useful feedback and ensure code quality
- Write/modify code as necessary to achieve DevOps and architectural goals, with a day-to-day focus on automation scripts and increasing test coverage
- Assist other engineers as necessary, for example to enable software development, machine learning, and R&D in progress to be demonstrated to operations staff, customers, and other stakeholders
- Support the accuracy/precision of software development timelines and effort estimations through expert opinion and other effort estimation methodologies
- Contribute to hiring and training processes for engineering and product-related personnel, especially as they pertain to our DevOps pipeline, infrastructure.
What you should have:
- 4+ years developing software as an individual contributor (or engineering manager while also writing code personally), preferably across both startups and large enterprises
- 2+ years in DevOps using test automation and CI/CD tools, containers, cloud infrastructure, and other modern technologies
- Demonstrated success contributing to multiple architectural transitions (e.g. monolith - > ESB, VM - > cloud)
- Demonstrated success in contributing to multiple security enhancements in production software systems
- Working knowledge of software engineering & architectural principles
- Advanced working knowledge of information security principles, practices, and tools
- Working knowledge of statistics and data analysis techniques
- Experience with agile methodologies and process improvements in agile and SOA environments
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to lean in on collaboration
Education & Certifications:
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience developing complex software systems
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don’t have to.
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with pragmatism.
People Matter: Hire the best, and treasure them.
Don’t Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Deliver beyond expectations, both internally and externally.
Inclusion: Foster an environment that welcomes all.
Simplify: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.