About Grabango - Who We Are
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free technology for existing grocery stores. Founded by Will Glaser (co-founder & former CTO of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise-class retrofit solution for large store chains. Grabango's system accommodates thousands of store locations, hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of square feet across the retail enterprise.
We're a growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones opens the door for tremendous breakthroughs.
Computer vision and machine learning are at the core of our patented technology. Our accomplished team is a powerful combination of technology and commerce professionals that are looking to “Eliminate lines and save people time.”
About The Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Vice President of Marketing to take on near-term and long-term strategic leadership at the company. The VP of Marketing will drive company growth through B2C marketing & co-marketing with retail clients, and B2B marketing through a variety of owned, earned, and purchased communications channels. S/he will have responsibility for copywriting (press releases, web content, company blogs) and creative design across all touchpoints. As a key member of the Leadership Team, the VP of Marketing will report to the CEO and be an agent for change and innovation. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader who demonstrates a history of success in past positions. We are looking for a "player-coach" that is collaborative yet ambitious about driving reputation growth for Grabango.
- Develop an overarching marketing plan based on strategic goals defined in the organizational business plan
- Create impactful marketing materials that serve that strategic plan
- Build, manage and motivate a high-performing marketing team
- Drive the implementation of marketing campaigns that meet business objectives and drive shopper use of the Grabango system and brand preference
- Direct and support market research, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term forecasts and reports
- Work closely with the Business Development Team to align sales and marketing strategies
- Continue to evolve brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning to devise counter-strategies
- Build long-term relationships with employees, clients, and other stakeholders
- Build on Grabango’s core marketing KPI’s and use data to prioritize decision making
- Identify, negotiate and manage agencies and partnerships to support growth objectives
- Manage corporate and public communications as well as various internal marketing needs for campaigns within the organization.
- Lead all communications messaging development for the company
- Manage the copy drafting function by adapting to multiple brand voices and communicate concepts with clarity, accuracy, and narrative appeal
- Ownership and execution of targeted written content, including client collateral, advertising, promotional items, internal communiqués, press and media distributions & social media.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, or related field
- Prefer 5+ years of leadership experience in a growth role
- Demonstrated competency in social media and web marketing
- Command over data with a strong analytical aptitude
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Desire to gets things done quickly and to ship quality product
Equal Opportunity Employer
Integrity, Bold Innovation, People Matter, Don’t Live with Broken, Customer Focus, Inclusion, Simplify
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.