Who we are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (technology founder of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today. Grabango's system accommodates thousands of store locations, hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of square feet across a given retail enterprise.
We're a growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
Computer vision and machine learning are at the core of our patent pending technology. Our accomplished team is a powerful combination of technology and commerce professionals that are working to “Eliminate lines and save people time!”
The Reliability and Maintenance Engineering team plays a vital role in our operational success in the distribution aspect of the business. Seeking proactive automation controls and technical support for our HQ office focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment.
This full-time role reports directly to Systems Engineering Manager.
Responsibility of the role:
- Developing Internal tools and user interfaces to manage remote on/prem and cloud systems, maintain auditing capabilities for system changes, and build self-service capabilities for software engineers and other internal customers.
Skills required to be successful in this role:
- 5-7 years of experience with either a software engineering background or sys-admin with heavy automation experience
- Familiarity with our operational systems: Kubernetes, GCP, Salt, Docker
- Software Development background or experience with automation beyond scripting in bash.
- Experience using Configuration Management systems - Salt preferred, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience automating operational and maintenance tasks
Education & Certifications:
- BS Information Systems or equivalent industry experience
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don’t have to.
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with pragmatism.
People Matter: Hire the best, and treasure them.
Don’t Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Deliver beyond expectations, both internally and externally.
Inclusion: Foster an environment that welcomes all.
Simplify: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.