Who we are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (technology founder of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today. Grabango's system accommodates thousands of store locations, hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of square feet across a given retail enterprise.
We're a growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
Computer vision and machine learning are at the core of our patent pending technology. Our accomplished team is a powerful combination of technology and commerce professionals that are working to “Eliminate lines and save people time!”
What you'll be doing:
- Develop our next generation of edge computing solutions
- Work as a core team member for the embedded software development
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, system architects, product managers and project managers
- Conduct hardware bring-up, verification, and certification support
- Conduct unit test, support system software assurance and field operations
- Document software design, test procedure, release notes, and configuration management
What you should have:
- 5-10 years of experience in software development, especially in embedded systems
- Strong in C, C++, Python programming skills
- Experience with PCBA bring up and verification
- Experience with reading schematics and basic electronics, this includes embedded CPU/GPU (ARM, Nvidia, TI, or STM), memory, power supplies, and communication busses (I2C, SPI, USB, JTAG). This includes memory management and optimization.
- Experience with bare metal system, embedded systems OS, i.e. embedded Linux and RTOS
- Experience with Kernel, board support package, and ability to develop device driver is a plus
- Ability to use basic electronics equipment such as DVM, Digital Oscilloscope, and network simulator/BER/FER equipment.
- Experience with wireless communication and security, e.g. Bluetooth, WiFi, or wireless system
- Experience with manufacturing test fixture development and diagnostic tools
- Experience with computer vision and framework
- Experience with GEthernet switching networks protocol
- Experience with EMI test support
Education & Certifications:
- BS Electrical Engineer or Computer Science degree preferred
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don’t have to.
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with pragmatism.
People Matter: Hire the best, and treasure them.
Don’t Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Deliver beyond expectations, both internally and externally.
Inclusion: Foster an environment that welcomes all.
Simplify: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.