Who we are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (technology founder of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today. Grabango's system accommodates thousands of store locations, hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of square feet across a given retail enterprise.
We're a growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
Computer vision and machine learning are at the core of our patent pending technology. Our accomplished team is a powerful combination of technology and commerce professionals that are working to “Eliminate lines and save people time!”
Grabango is looking for talented Computer Vision Engineers who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, and Deep Learning, and enjoy collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to make sure all of the technologies integrate seamlessly to create an impactful product that our customers love.
What you’ll be doing:
- Improve Grabango’s acquisition system by focusing on: Camera placement, optics validation, calibration
- Collaborate closely with the hardware and optics team
- Use computer vision to gather vital data
- Turn research papers into implementations, separating the wheat from the chaff
- Contribute to the production code
What you should have:
- 3 - 5+ years of professional experience in the computer vision field
- 2+ years of production-level development experience with Python and/or C++
- Experience with traditional computer vision fields combined with a good mathematical background: epipolar geometry, projective geometry, linear algebra
- Relevant experience with camera calibration and/or camera evaluation
- Ability to use computer vision to gather necessary data, avoid obstacles, etc.
- Experience with OpenCV
- Big Plus for experience with deep learning frameworks
Education & Certifications:
- PhD in computer vision
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don’t have to.
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with pragmatism.
People Matter: Hire the best, and treasure them.
Don’t Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Deliver beyond expectations, both internally and externally.
Inclusion: Foster an environment that welcomes all.
Simplify: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.