Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define technical and regulatory requirements of High Voltage (HV) battery pack
- Mechanical component design and review of HV battery pack (module design, component selection,)
- Manage release of mechanical design - Work with CAD designer for the release of CAD models and drawings.
- Work with external supplier to ensure the component meets all requirements
- Coordinate and lead weekly teleconferences with suppliers and internal teams
- Work with systems engineers to define mechanical system DFMEA
- Review DVP&R and work with the test and validation team to validate the mechanical design of the pack
- Must have proven hands-on experience in mechanical analysis
- Must have experience in high volume manufacturing environment, working with suppliers, and manufacturing team.
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience in Lithium ion battery design experience
- Design release experience in automotive industry
- Experience in working with supply chain and quality engineering for supplier selection
- A self-starter
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in mechanical engineering
- Excellent understanding in DFMEA
- Proficiency in CATIA V6
- Over 3 years of design release experience in mechanical engineering
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $70,000 and $140,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.