Job Title: Senior Electrical D&R Engineer
Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization.
The Senior Battery Electrical D&R Engineer - is responsible to support development of HV battery systems and components for electric vehicle. The main missions of the role are to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical ownership of areas of the system design, development and / or validation of HV battery systems. Lead battery pack system level circuit diagram, input & output port definition of battery pack system, to make sure battery pack to have electrical full function as expected.
- Lead or Support technical delivery of battery and energy storage projects (connectors, bus bars, contactors & fusing selection and specifications, E/E Layout and schematics, HV safety),
- Requirements review and specification according to existing international regulation and standards,
- Lead to manage the device transmittal list (I/O signal list) on specific battery project and support to establish a database for device transmittal list (library of schematic drawing, I/O signal database)
- DVP planning, test specifications and planning, coordination,
- Component and supplier management,
- Continuously improve design and optimizing electrical component,
- Complete risk/hazard reviews utilizing related DFMEA and PFMEAs,
- Work closely with other engineering teams,
- Participate in customer visits and engineering activities such as VA/VE and collaborative design projects,
- Other duties, as assigned;
- Bachelor's degree or above in electrical engineering, system engineering or related field,
- Knowledge of product delivery process from requirements capture throughout to design validation, HV battery systems,
- Deep knowledge of electrical vehicles technologies and architectures, battery systems,
- Understanding of electrical powertrain system functionalities and attributes at vehicle, system and component levels,
- Minimum 3+ years' experience on battery electrical, or related fields,
- Good oral, written and presentation English communication skill,
- Proven technical background with experience in requirements management, system themes, architectures, interface definitions,
- Familiar with Lithium-ion battery technology,
- Enthusiasm for innovation and creative,
- Fully understand and abide the contents of Code of Conduct distributed by Gotion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $ 70,000 and $ 90,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.