Sr, Materials Engineer
Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan, and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and develop metals processing technologies and manufacturing techniques to guide the company's technical direction.
- Interpret standards, interface with test labs, define test methods, investigate equipment needs, and oversee testing procedures.
- Be aware of current trends in manufacturing and research in materials area of expertise.
- Identify engineering trends and growth areas in materials to assist performance and/or marketing of products.
- Active participant in professional organizations and trade shows.
- Draw concise conclusions from experiments and present results to a range of company audiences and education levels.
- Effectively identify and communicate issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving action based on urgency.
- Manage external relationships with university research teams, start-up companies, professional societies and associations and external testing experts.
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, or related field and 6 years of related experience in tribology, powder metallurgy, or electronic materials; or a bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, or related field and 8 years of related experience in tribology, powder metallurgy, or electronic materials. You must have a mindset of finding creative, innovative and thoughtful ways to increase our profitability by reducing costs of materials and operations, reducing the weight of packs, increasing density, increasing efficiency and improving performance of our batteries.
- Must have experience with:
- Wear testing of materials and data interpretation.
- Sintering of powder metals or materials.
- Characterizing and qualifying electronic materials used in passive electronics.
- Electronic materials anodization (dielectric) and electrical reliability data interpretation.
- Design of Experiments and statistical analysis.
- Material properties evaluation/interpretation of data, generated from mechanical testers, optical microscopes, or electron microscopes.
- Leading materials science technology projects related to product development and material qualifications.
- Intellectual property protection through generating preliminary invention disclosures, patent submissions, and reviewing competitive patents.
- Presentation of findings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $100,000 and $140,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.