Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The High Voltage Battery Team is responsible for the design of high voltage battery pack design. The system engineer is responsible for the electrical system requirements for electrical components, BMS software review as well as EOL (End of Line) test requirements. This position requires communicating with the high voltage battery supplier to review and evaluate the requirements of the battery as well as communicating with BMS team.
- Identify battery system requirements and test requirements
- Develop electrical schematics for the battery pack and battery disconnect unit (BDU)
- Review high voltage battery electrical components
- Select electrical component suppliers and work with the suppliers
- Review and approve electrical component DFMEA and DVP&R
- Review and approve design changes
- Ensure all HV battery pack electrical standards and requirements are met
- Support component PPAP submission for electrical components
- Systems or Electrical Engineering degree
- High voltage (over 200V) battery design experience is a must.
- Experience with supplier design review and help the supplier to meet requirements and timeline
- Experience in system requirement developments and defining a system level architect.
- Familiar with Lithium ion battery technology
- Experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and data acquisition systems
- Strong data-driven analytical/problem solving skills
- A team player with self-motivation to identify and close design issues
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $70,000 and $130,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.