HV Battery Systems Engineer
Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Production Design Team is responsible for the high voltage battery pack design of the next generation. The systems engineer is responsible for leading the systems requirements and leading electrical engineering as well as working with other teams such as Mechanical, Thermal, and Validation teams. The HV battery systems engineer must have good people skill and communication skill to work with other team members as well as talking to the customers. The engineer will lead writing the system requirements for the battery pack and test and validation review as well as EOL (End of Line) test requirements.
We are seeking a candidate to lead battery system development and electrical component review in the Bay area for the next generation HV battery pack design.
- Benchmarking EV battery packs to write requirements for next generation battery pack
- Lead electrical engineers to develop pack performance requirements and electrical requirements
- Develop HV battery system requirements and test requirements
- Work with mechanical/ thermal/validation teams and supplier to improve design and reduce cost
- Work with BMS team to support HV battery functional safety requirements (ISO26262)
- Develop and review battery end of line test requirements
- Review high voltage battery electrical components to make sure the battery meets safety and functional requirements
- Lead Pack DFMEA and component level DFMEA
- Ensure developed batteries meet all global standards and requirements
- Holistic understanding of thermal and electrical interdependence in battery pack design
- 3+ years of high voltage battery design experience and automotive industries
- Experience in working with customers and present viable solutions to support their needs.
- Works well cross functionally with other teams, Mechanical, Thermal, BMS, Warranty, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of battery behavior
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $70,000 and $130,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.