The Associate Scientist assists scientists to identify, develop, characterize, and formulate novel additives, solvents & salts used in the formulation of electrolytes. The incumbent recommends and develops new products within the capabilities of the Electrolytes business for internal and external customers. The position prepares raw materials and customer specified electrolyte solutions for lithium batteries and capacitors. According to Gotion’s quality systems, the Associate Scientist follows proper protocols for testing procedures and documentation.
Principal Responsibilities –
- Conducts experiments and operations to develop new materials for use in electrolytes under general direction of scientists.
- Assists in researching select R&D topics related to electrolytes, electrodes and batteries.
- Organizes tests/experiments that are running simultaneously, tracks their status/progress, and communicates with supervisors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assembles test cells and perform cell testing to monitor electrochemical performance of these cells.
- Is willing to work with hazardous materials using proper protective equipment.
- Maintains an accurate record of experimental observations and data.
- Analyzes and processes raw materials.
- Prepares routine electrolyte solutions according to internal and external requirements.
- Create and analyze material for customers ensuring high quality and produced in a timely manner.
- Tracks and maintains supplies, chemicals, sample and cell part inventories and requests replacements.
- Assist in preparation of certificates of analyses and labels for shipping of samples Domestically and Internationally.
- Ensures good housekeeping in laboratory. Attends all required training sessions and follow all safety precautions.
- Supports other departments and functions as needed.
Knowledge and Experience – What skills, training or experience are needed to perform the job?
- MS degree in chemistry (or related field) preferred and minimum two years of relevant work experience in an industrial laboratory or manufacturing environment.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills are required.
- Ability to follow established procedures to prepare electrochemical test cells and perform battery testing.
- Ability to perform routine analyses using wet and instrumental methods.
- Ability to practice good housekeeping principles and maintain accurate record of experimental data.
- Ability to perform multitasking in an organized manner and communicate with Scientists efficiently about the progress of different tasks/experiments
- Ability to use MS office products.
- Strong integrity, with proven and demonstrated verbal and written skills in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic, be highly accountable and follow laboratory safety policies.
- Background working with battery systems and electrochemical testing strongly preferred.