BMS Engineering Director
Gotion is looking for a BMS director to develop and lead our Engineering team focused on next generation BMS development.
- Build and Lead a team of mechanical, hardware, software, and project engineers defining the next generation of BMS platform
- Translate vehicle and customer requirements to component architectures.
- Work directly with suppliers to understand technology timelines and to drive development paths to meet production needs
- Keep our technology strategy up to date, remain educated and knowledgeable about the technological landscape for years to come.
- Develop a deep understanding the ecosystem and supplier solutions and lead procurement processes and vendor selection.
- Work with Exec, Engineering, Project Management and Product leaders in the definition of requirements
- Partner with research, core technology, hardware, and supply chain teams to create vehicle and module requirements.
- Develop and prototype emerging hardware technologies and platforms
- Develop and inspire engineers to perform at their peak.
- Work to solidify complete architecture development processes.
- Work with contract manufacturers and SQA to complete PFMEAs, PPAP signoff, and quality inspections.
- Work with the CMs to make product improvements and cost reductions.
- 5+ years of relevant BMS experience
- 8+ years Managing a High Performance team of engineers in multiple disciplines
- 12+ years of embedded system design, vehicle architectures, or technology specification
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with, and influence, cross-functional departments both internally and externally.
- Experience working in high performance/high reliability transportation products
- Solid understanding of the development process and vehicle timelines.
- Strong experience leading and working with teams across multiple sites
- Strong understanding of ISO26262
Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world’s first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization