Mechanical Engineering Manager
Gotion Inc. is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager to lead the design of automotive battery modules and electronics enclosures in Fremont, CA. We are a startup fully funded and supported by our parent company, Guoxuan High-tech Energy Co., one of the largest battery producers in China. As a small team, we see the design through from concept to mass production for electric vehicle projects targeting the global market.
- Design and develop battery system solutions such as module architecture, BMS enclosures, load boxes, etc.
- Lead the mechanical integration of cells, electromechanical components, and hardware
- Thermal and mechanical modeling. Bench and system validation.
- Design, fabricate, and test prototypes and concepts
- Ensure product robustness and reliability and support efforts to verify supplier quality
- Work closely with a cross functional team to bring products to production
- Drive the creation of component specifications, verification plans, and other technical design documents
- 5+ years of automotive experience
- Expert in 3D CAD such as SolidWorks or Catia
- Experience using FEA for thermal and stress simulation
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes and/or automation
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with thermal management systems and HV battery systems
- Experience with full life-cycle of product development process
- Familiar with DOE, GD&T, and FMEA