The Medical Science Liaison (MSL)/ Sr. MSL will be responsible for facilitating scientific exchange and clinical support for seralutinib in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) and will engage with clinical study sites, investigators, and study personnel to encourage fast study start up, identification of patients, and enrollment efforts in Gossamer Bio company sponsored studies. Other responsibilities include working with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and other health care providers through educational opportunities for the PAH community. The MSL/Sr. MSL functions as a regional medical and scientific resource who works to pair the changing needs of healthcare professionals with available Gossamer resources. The MSL/Sr. MSL works under the guidance of the Managing Director, Gossamer Ireland and will report directly to the Medical Science Liaison manager in Europe. There will also be close collaboration with the Clinical Operations and Clinical Development teams.
- Serve as liaison between clinical investigators and internal stakeholders in support of Gossamer’s company sponsored research studies, such as Phase 3 studies for seralutinib
- Act as liaison between external clinical investigators, Gossamer internal colleagues and CRO staff to assure timely follow-up of all communications and to be a resource for site support
- Work closely with the Clinical Development and Clinical Operations team to understand protocol nuances and triage, as appropriate, any insights regarding recruitment barriers or protocol queries
- Develop, maintain, and manage collaborations with regional and national KOLs, investigators, study staff (site staff and CRO staff), nurses, pharmacists, and office managers
- Identify and build collaborations with KOLs for medical education and potential clinical research opportunities;
- Create awareness of Gossamer and seralutinib in the PAH community
- Assist in the development of strategic KOL plans to provide needs-based, value-added services;
- Provide relevant medical and scientific information and literature, within corporate guidelines, for healthcare provider education;
- Provide field-based medical and scientific support to answer unsolicited questions about Gossamer, seralutinib, and PAH
- Serve as a local medical and scientific resource for the medical community in PAH –
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of Gossamer, seralutinib, and current medical and scientific research and publications in PAH
- Deliver high quality educational presentations in a variety of settings and obtain feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization;
- Participate in therapeutic advisory groups or Steering Committees and internal project teams, as appropriate;
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources
- Attend regional conferences on Gossamer’s behalf to provide feedback on current landscape, competitive landscape and continued cultivation of relationships; Educate the PAH community on Gossamer and seralutinib
- Provide feedback on specific sites and regional trends/thoughts/paradigms to identify and/or inform potential protocol amendments, accrual barriers, patient/study subject identification
- Establish relationships with all PAH treaters on Gossamer’s KOL list in territory; Supplement KOL list as appropriate
- Complete accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and other required documentation.
Education & Experience:
- Advanced scientific degree or equivalent required
- Clinical experience within PAH strongly preferred; cardiovascular or heart/lung transplant experience considered
- 1- 5 years experience in PAH specifically or at bare minimum experience in pulmonology and/or cardiology and/or rare disease
- 1-3 years experience as an MSL
- Experience with study start up and/or other clinical trial expertise
- Experience with relationship building and expanding a company’s reach
- Adaptability to changing landscape and ability to pivot quickly as new information becomes available
- Ability to travel (% varies with geographic responsibility)
Regionally based in Europe with preferences to native language speakers in France/Belgium or Eastern Europe.
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Vaccination Policy: Gossamer Bio is committed to complying with federal, state and local law on vaccinations. Job candidates and employees should be aware that some roles may require full vaccination against COVID-19 . Gossamer Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice for California Residents:
This notice is to notify you that personal data about you has been collected by Gossamer Bio (“Controller”), which is located at 3013 Science Park Road, Suite 200, San Diego CA 92121 and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, because Controller wishes to evaluate your candidacy for employment at Controller.
Your personal data was either obtained from publicly available sources (e.g. LinkedIn) or provided to Controller by someone who referred you for potential employment. Controller’s Privacy team can be contacted at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data has been shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR and CCPA, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.