Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manfacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Gooten, you will be responsible for growing and leading a cross-functional team of highly skilled engineers, UX designers, and product owners who are actively working on growing our platform. This will include overseeing team project planning, engineering, and career growth of each team member.
We’re looking for a proven leader who will be able to foster the growth of a diverse software delivery team while driving highly critical technical projects end-to-end. You should be motivated, extremely knowledgeable about systems engineering and shipping software with high quality on time. This is a fully remote role.
- Hire, lead and manage a distributed technology team of 7+ engineers, UX designers, and product owners
- Be responsible for the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Work closely with product management to define product requirements and develop the execution plan to meet those requirements
- Build, own, and operate reliable software experiences, systems, and services
- Establish and maintain technical specifications
- Remove impediments and ensure consistent team delivery
- 7+ years as a software engineer with operational experience leading high-performance engineering teams
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to break down complex technical problems into small, releasable, user-valued features
- Capacity to navigate between business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both
- Excellent ability to lead, inspire, and mentor skilled engineers, UX designers, and product owners
- Proven experience leading teams in Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of application software design patterns and emerging technologies
- Degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- A collaborative, positive attitude and strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Azure or other cloud services
- Familiarity with some/all of our tech stack: .NET, C#, Clojure, React, Node.js, MSSQL
- Familiarity with some/all of our tools: Github, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira, Portfolio
- Experience with B2B and/or eCommerce products
The really important stuff:
- Be part of the village: We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America and we are energized by the diversity of thought our team brings to the table.
- Care for your family: We carry a comprehensive parental leave for new parents in our different geographies
- Life in balance: We're passionate about our work, yet we are believers in taking time to relax and recharge. We offer 30 days of paid time off (this includes holidays), so you're able to schedule breaks according to your beliefs and values!
- Continue learning: We offer financial assistance for continuous development related to your current or future role in the company and are invested in helping you as a person and professional.
- Take ownership: Every teammate who joins Gooten receives meaningful equity in the company. Our people are directly responsible for our success and we want our entire team to benefit from what we are achieving together.