Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As a Gooten DevOps Engineer, you’ll join a close-knit group of other DevOps and software engineers to build the future of our order management platform destined to serve millions of orders a day. This individual will work to create infrastructure and continuous delivery pipelines for the services that support our order management platform and improve our dynamic merchant and vendor capabilities.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who is passionate about best practices for cloud computing and storage. The ideal candidate will be motivated and extremely knowledgeable about developer operations engineering and utilizing cloud services to deliver high quality infrastructure for software systems. This is a fully remote role.
- Collaborate with the engineering team and technology leadership on the long-term vision and strategy on development processes, platform scalability and architecture
- Build and manage automated continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines within an Azure environment
- Work with engineering teams to implement solutions for delivering and scaling software in production environments
- Manage production infrastructure with a focus on automation and data visualization
- Drive to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost and improving efficiency and quality
- 6+ years experience creating and managing infrastructure using Azure
- 3+ years experience with one or more of the following: C#, Perl, Python, Java, Node.js, Powershell, Bash
- Proven experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge of containerization technologies and orchestration
- Proficiency with Jenkins
- Strong foundation in one or more desktop virtualization technologies: VMware, Hyper-V, Virtualbox
- Comprehensive knowledge of application software design patterns and emerging technologies
- Degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- A collaborative, positive attitude and strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Terraform
- Familiarity with some/all of our tools: Github, Confluence, Jira
- Experience with agile development practices (scrum, kanban, XP)
- Experience with B2B and/or eCommerce products
The really important stuff:
- Be part of the village: We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America and we are energized by the diversity of thought our team brings to the table.
- Care for your family: We carry a comprehensive parental leave for new parents in our different geographies
- Life in balance: We're passionate about our work, yet we are believers in taking time to relax and recharge. We offer 30 days of paid time off (this includes holidays), so you're able to schedule breaks according to your beliefs and values!
- Continue learning: We offer financial assistance for continuous development related to your current or future role in the company and are invested in helping you as a person and professional.
- Take ownership: Every teammate who joins Gooten receives meaningful equity in the company. Our people are directly responsible for our success and we want our entire team to benefit from what we are achieving together.