Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As a Gooten UX Designer you must have a strong design aesthetic and intuition and be able to follow UI guidelines. We frequently need to solve important user issues that require designers to build out and iterate on ideas quickly. Have the ability to ask questions and defend design decisions when necessary. Gooten is a remote-first company, so the ability to communicate effectively not just in person, but with remote coworkers is essential. We’re also looking for a person who’s empathetic to experience issues facing our users, as well as, a willingness to stay abreast of latest trends and design research.
How you'll power eCommerce:
- Translate customer insights into concepts, user journeys, storyboards, experience maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools
- Collect and maintain a UX backlog with up to date feedback
- Continually perform user tests and stay connected with user issues to help prioritize important problems to solve
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including, Product Managers, Engineers, Content Strategists, and Partner Success.
- Proactively manage projects, seek feedback, and ask questions
- Maintain style components to create consistent UI
- Utilize data regularly to inform design decisions
You should have:
- Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or design-related field or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years experience as a UX/UI Designer
- Strong UI skills with a portfolio that shows this off
- Expert knowledge of design software and willingness to adapt/learn how to use new services and software.
The really important stuff:
- Be part of the village: We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America and we are energized by the diversity of thought our team brings to the table.
- Care for your family: We carry a comprehensive parental leave for new parents in our different geographies
- Life in balance: We're passionate about our work, yet we are believers in taking time to relax and recharge. We offer 30 days of paid time off (this includes holidays), so you're able to schedule breaks according to your beliefs and values!
- Continue learning: We offer financial assistance for continuous development related to your current or future role in the company and are invested in helping you as a person and professional.
- Take ownership: Every teammate who joins Gooten receives meaningful equity in the company. Our people are directly responsible for our success and we want our entire team to benefit from what we are achieving together.