Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As a Product Owner at Gooten, you’ll join a close-knit cross-functional team of software engineers, quality assurance testers, and UX designers to build the future of our product and order management platform destined to serve millions of orders a day.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner who is passionate about delivering highly critical technical projects end-to-end. A successful person in this role will collaborate with stakeholders and team members to identify solutions to business opportunities, define epic and user story acceptance criteria, manage the priority of the backlog, build out the roadmap for the team, and validate delivery success. The right candidate will have experience researching and defining solutions to meet complex business objectives. This individual will have deep knowledge of software technologies, delivery best practices, and user acceptance validation in the B2B space.
- Elaborates customer problems into epics and stories
- Defines and clarifies functional requirements
- Documents user and technical story details
- Works with UX team members to create feature mockups
- Ensures delivered work fulfills the acceptance criteria
- Documents feature releases
- Leads backlog grooming
- Writes test and acceptance criteria
- Socializes product changes
- Collects and implements feedback
- 5+ years experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager, or Business Analyst
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines to formulate business solutions
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban
- Experienced as a creative problem solver, able to build contingency plans based on continuous iteration feedback
- Experience in project planning and progress monitoring
- Highly effective documenter and communicator
- Degree in business administration, marketing, computer science, or project management
- A collaborative, positive attitude and strong sense of ownership
- Experience with B2B and/or eCommerce products
- Familiarity with some/all of our tools: Confluence, Jira, Portfolio
- Experience as a Software Engineer or another technical role
- Proven leadership experience
The really important stuff:
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits including educational development budgets, insurance coverage and 30 days PTO to allow you to take the time to rest and recharge. Our goal as a company is to have our employees develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.