Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manfacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As a Gooten Analytics Engineer, you will join in at the ground level of a growing Data & Analytics team to help deliver high-value business analytics and drive a culture of data literacy throughout the organization. We are looking for more than just a "Data Engineer", but a technologist with excellent communication and customer service skills and a passion for data. This is an exciting opportunity for an early to mid career data professional with a hunger to make an impact at a fast-growing technology company.
How you'll power eCommerce:
- Interface with business stakeholders to understand data needs and help build high impact analytic solutions
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Provide clean data sets to end users, modeling data in a way that empowers end users to answer their own questions
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity
You are a great fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a data analytics environment
- Are proficient in writing analytical SQL with advanced SQL modeling skills
- Are relentlessly focused on quality
- Know how to easily break down ambiguous problems and propose impactful data modeling designs
- Have experience monitoring for and identifying data quality issues before the business users
- Can apply software engineering best practices to analytics code (e.g. version control, testing, continuous integration, etc.)
- Have a solid understanding of modern cloud data stack technologies (e.g. DBT, Snowflake, Redshift, Stitch) and business intelligence tools
- Can maintain and enhance custom data integrations using AWS serverless technologies
- Can communicate clearly and directly about complex technical topics
- Are fiercely independent
The really important stuff:
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits including educational development budgets, insurance coverage and 30 days PTO to allow you to take the time to rest and recharge. Our goal as a company is to have our employees develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.